Legal Wedding in Bali
Legal wedding is possible carried out in Bali for worldwide nationalitities as long as they fulfill all legal requirements needed by Bali Registry Office. Legal Wedding in Bali is slightly different with other countries in the world. Your marriage can be legally registerred once you already have done a religious wedding Ceremony and it is based on the religions recorgnized by Indonesian Goverment, those are: Christian, Catholic, Hinduism, Budhism, Confucius/Konghucu, and Muslim.
Legal Wedding for both Bride and Groom are Foreigners
If both of you are foreigners which are coming from UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand you will need to prepare the following documents pre your arriaval in Bali, those are
- Valid copy passport, your passport must valid at least 6 month accounted since your arrival in Bali
- Copy birth certificate, it must be translated into Bahasa Indonesia by a sworn translator
- If either one been married previously, an absolute divorce decree is required, and it must be translated into Bahasa Indonesia by a Sworn translator
- Letter of non impediment of marriage. Each country has their own procedures in processing this letter of non impediment of marriage, United kingdom called it Swear affidavit, USA and Australia called it Letter of non impediment of marriage, New zealand called it CONI. This letter can be issued by Embassy or consulate respective country based in Indonesia or Bali. Some country may apply it via online as well.
- Fill wedding application form
- witnesses with Copy of identity card or passport
- Shoulder photos of Bride and groom together, it will be put on your marriage certificate
- Police report about your stay , it is can be assisted by your Bali wedding planner or wedding organizer
- Attached Religious Marriage certificate, for any question about religious wedding you may discuss it with our wedding planner Team
Legal wedding for other country, such as India, Singapore, Japan , German, Italia , Spain. In general has the same requirement as above however they have different way in processing of Letter of non impediment of marriage, and also legalization of marriage certificate after the marriage ceremony is done. For further information about legal wedding, mix marriage you may liaise with our wedding consultant
Where is your legal wedding taken place
Legal wedding registration can be taken place either at Registry office or at the same venue as your religoous wedding ceremony