Bali wedding Ceremony ?it can be a question for all of you who plan Bali Wedding. On your perception is Bali wedding ceremony a kind of Traditonal Balinese Marriage ? it is right or not right . Why?as in Bali you may find some type of wedding ceremony as bellow :
Wedding commitment is a ceremony which has no any denomination to a religion ,the ceremony will be lead by a celebrant.This ceremony has no any legal binding but only your commitment each other ,this type ceremony normaly also include best reading of marriage ,what is marriage,exchange of vows, exchange of wedding rings, proclamation of marriage .This type of package normally taken by overseas wedding couple who already possesed a legal marriage in their country and has no any religion denomination
Religious Wedding Ceremony
For Indonesian Couple ,a religious marriage is a must as it is based on Marriage law of Indonesia that Indonesian couple might be able to register their marriage through Bali registry office if they already possesed a religious ceremony. For a religious ceremony will require some paper works might be requested by their religion offices . Indonesia is multi religion country which composed by Christian , Chatolic , Hindu , Muslim , Budhism .each of this religion has their own rule for running their ceremony .After a religious ceremony done , the religion office will issue a marriage certificate and thus they may proceed to register it through registry office .The civil registry office issue a legal marriage certificate , this legal marriage certificate can be used in the future for any civil matters , like birth certificate for baby an so on .
Legal wedding for Foreigners
As explained above that the foreigner may have their legal wedding in Bali as well however the ceremony will be commenced with a religious ceremony , please advise your religion .The following paper works must be prepared for religious and legal ceremony
a. Legal Ceremony for Christian :
- copy passport
- Copy baptism certificate
- copy birth certificate ,the birth certifacate must be translate into bahasa Indonesia by a sworn translator
- either one been marriage previously must provide a divorce certificate or any oter letter related and it must be translated into Bahasa Indonesia by a sworn translator
- Letter of non impediment of marriage issued by Embassy or consulate office based in Indonesia , the letter must be in Bahasa otherwise need a translation into bahasa Indonesia by a sworn translator
- Copy passport of witnes or ID card if your witness are Indonesia
- Police report about your stay in Bali ( it can be assisted by your wedding planner and organizer or escort you to police office on the same day as your visit to consulate office .
- After marriage the wedding couple receive a marriage certificate in Bahasa and english
- For some countries in order the marriage certifate which is issued by Bali Registry office can be accepted in their country need a legalization by Indonesian foreign affairs , Indonesian Judicial affairs and also legalization by Embassy .