Legal Marriage requirement for foreigner in Bali
Generally for any citizen from all over the world who need get married legally in Bali will need the following documents :
- Copy passport
- Copy birth certificate , it must be translate into Bahasa Indonesia by a sworn translator
- Letter of non impediment issued by by embassy or consulate office based in Indonesia or Bali
- An absolute divorce decree is required if either one been marriage previously and it must be translated into Bahasa Indonesia by a sworn translator
- Shoulder adjoining photo between bride and groom , size 4 x 6 cm , need 8 pcs ,red back ground
- Two witnesses including their copy Id or Passport
- Form A from hotel`s registration ( provided by hotel )
- Police report that the couple stay a hotel in Bali
What do you need to do before register your marriage legally ?
Base on Indonesian Law that the couple can register their marriage into Registry office if they already posses a religious ceremony base on the religion recognized in Indonesia .Those are : Christian , Catholic , Hinduism, Buddhism, Muslim , Kong Hucu .
What do we need to prepare for our religious marriage ?
For religious marriage is much depend on what religious ceremony you plan to have but the couple must be on the same religion .
What document need to be prepare if I Merry Indonesian Bride or groom
For Indonesian Bride or groom who their ID card registered outside Bali , and he/she need to register their marriage in their origin issuing ID Card or called KTP ( Kartu tanda Penduduk ) :
- Copy Id card or KTP
- Copy Akte Lahir
- Letter free of marriage from registry office , the process can be started from RT /RW , kelurahan Letter of delegation to order Bali registry office to register the marriage , other option she / he may register the marriage at your registry office where your ID card is registered and base on the religious marriage certificate issued in Bali