Catholic Wedding in Bali? Bali is a great wedding destination so all eligible Catholic wedding couples may get married in Bali. There are some Catholic Church that can be found in Tourism area , those are Catholic Church in Nusa Dua, Uluwatu, Kuta, Canggu, Denpasar, and Gianyar area.
Which Church can be used for Catholic Ceremony
All Bali Catholic church can be used for your wedding, however most of the wedding couple choose catholic church that is located nearby tourism area which is spread out in Kuta, Canggu, Nusa Dua, and Denpasar.
Any Paperworks need to be prepared ?
Paperworks for Catholic Wedding in Bali absolutely is required by Bali church. The document you need to prepare before your wedding are as follows:
- Baptism Certificates re-issued not more than 6 months & preferably a maximum 3 months prior to your wedding date
- A ‘Letter of Freedom’ issued by your Parish Priest or other Church official declaring you have never been married and are therefore free to be married through the Catholic Church.
- A ‘Pre-Nuptial Enquiry’ entirely completed, signed & stamped by your Parish Priest or other Church Authority.
- A ‘Letter of Delegation’ addressed to the Catholic Church in Bali declaring that your own Parish has no objection to your marriage ceremony being performed by a Priest from the Catholic Church here in Bali
- Photocopy of certificate pre-marriage course
- Photocopy Death certificate if either party previously married
- Photocopy of detail page of passports of your two witnesses
- Photocopy of passports
- Photocopy of birth certificates
- 8 x photographs approx. passport sized (4x6 cm) but taken horizontally of bride & groom together, head & shoulders only and looking straight ahead. (please remember when making these photographs that they will be attached to your Wedding Certificates and for that reason should be as good as possible)
- Dispensation letter for mix marriage ( Catholic with non Catholic ).
Could we have Civil wedding in Bali ?
Civil wedding in Bali or in Indonesia for foreigners is possible to do in Bali. For those couple who have done a religious ceremony and be proven with a religious marriage certificate, it can be proceeded with Civil marriage registration, and you need to prepare the following documents:
- Religious Marriage certificate, in this case Catholic Church Marriage certificate
- Valid Copy passport
- Copy of birth certificate with translation into Indonesian by sworn translator
- Letter of non impediment of marriage issued by your resepective embassy or consulate office based in Indonesia or Bali
- Fill Wedding Application form
- Two witnesses, it can be from Bali or will be provided by your wedding organizer